My vision is to make Anne Arundel County the best county in Maryland by implementing our five-point plan:
- Increase jobs and economic growth by reducing taxes and fees, starting with an immediate 3 percent cut in the property tax.
- Improve the quality of education by working with the school board to accelerate school construction and to build smaller, neighborhood schools.
- Enhance public safety by increasing compensation and staffing levels in our police, fire, and corrections departments and Sheriff’s Office over the next several years.
- Reform County departments so that services are delivered promptly, cost-effectively and courteously.
- Create a cleaner environment and healthier waterways by repairing failing storm pipes and other infrastructure, respecting the General Development Plan and the wishes of local communities.
Knowledge of the County:
Anne Arundel County comprises assets of national importance, extraordinary natural resources and a very good educational system. It is critical that the County Executive have a detailed and thorough understanding of our County.
I am a nearly lifelong County resident, a small-business owner, a father of two grown children, and an involved community volunteer. I was raised in Crofton, went to school in Severna Park, worked in Annapolis, and lived in Riviera Beach in Pasadena and Gibson Island.
I have started businesses in the north, east, west and central parts regions of the County, which has given me insight into economic conditions over most of the County. I raised my children in Anne Arundel County and appreciate deeply the special opportunity children have in growing up here.
As a community volunteer, I have served in leadership capacities in numerous non-profit organizations here in our County, including the American Red Cross of Central Maryland, United Way of Central Maryland, Chesapeake Arts Center and three local schools, which have afforded me a strong understanding of the critical role the non-profit community plays in addressing the needs of our community.
Vision & Priorities
Our team is moving quickly to implement our vision to make our county the best place to live, work and start a business in Maryland.
Education is a fundamental responsibility of county government, and every child deserves a great education. As a trained educator and parent, I understand...
The Chesapeake Bay and its headwaters are among Anne Arundel County’s most critical assets. The maritime nature of our county and 500 miles of shoreline...